About Dr.Murtuza Jhabuawala |
MS (OPHTHAL) (MUM), FCRS.
Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
“While I was doing my internship I came across an elderly patient who underwent a cataract surgery, he was beaming with happiness after being able to see clearly again.
The biggest incentive in a practice like this, is to be able to witness a patient’s evolution from the stage at which he/she enters a clinic and goes back home with a smile.”
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION QUALIFICATION:
Dr.Murtuza Jhabuawala completed his MBBS from MGM Medical College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai under MUHS in 2009.
He later went on to complete his M.S (Master in Surgery) in Ophthalmology from MGM Medical College and Hospital, Navi Mumbai in 2013.
He completed his long term fellowship in Cataract and Refractive Surgery (FCRS) from Bangalore and Mumbai.
He has also completed Short term Fellowship in Medical Retina from Coimbatore and training in micro incision Phacoemulsification from Gujarat.
Before starting Alpha Eye Care & Laser Centre, Dr.Murtuza Jhabuawala worked as a Consultant at many charitable and private eye hospitals across Mumbai from 2015-2017.
PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS/ PAPERS PRESENTED AND PUBLICATIONS:
- Video presentation on “Use of intravenous tubing as irrigation system during phacoemulsification” at BOSS, Bangalore in June 2015.
- Co-authored poster on “To compare accuracy and predictability of 4 different IOL calculating formulas in hyperopes” at AIOS, New Delhi in Feb 2015.
- Presented paper on “outcomes of accelerated collagen cross linking VS conventional cross linking” at BOA, Mumbai in June 2014.
- Presented video on “four aces of refractive surgery” at BOA, Mumbai in June 2014.
- Presented case on “Mathematical Cataract” at IOL CLINIX, Bangalore in April 2014.
- Presented paper on “INCIDENCE OF OCULAR TRAUMA” at the ISOTCON 2012 JAIPUR.
- Presented “PUZZLING CASE OF EXTERNAL OPHTHALMOPLEGIA” at the ‘ALL MGM MEET” in 2012.
- Presented poster on “Phacoemulsification with implantation of iris segments and Toric IOL in partial Aniridia with cataract and corneal astigmatism” at BOA, Mumbai in June 2014.
- “DYSPLASTIC NEVUS OF LOWER EYELID”case report published in the American Journal of Advances in Medical Science. 2015. eISSN: 2347 -2766.(1st author).
- “RARE CASE OF IDIOPATHIC CONGENITAL UNILATERAL ANOPHTHALMIA” published in the South East Asian Journal of Case Report and Review (SEAJCRR). Nov 2014; 3(5): 1005-1008. (1st author).
- “A CLINICAL STUDY OF PREVALENCE OF DRY EYES IN DIABETES AND DIABETIC RETINOPATHY” published in the International Journal of General
- Medicine and Pharmacy (IJGMP) ISSN (P): 2319-3999; ISSN (E): 2319-4006 Vol. 3, Issue 2, Mar 2014, 31-36. (1stauthor).
- “A REPEATEDLY MISDIAGNOSED CASE OF MUCOEPIDERMOID TUMOR ARISING FROM MAIN BRONCHUS IN A CHILD” published in the International Journal of Current Research. Nov 2015, Issue, 11, pp.22550-22553, Vol 7. (Co-author)
- “A CASE REPORT ON EARLY PRESENTATION OF CHYLOLYMPHATIC CYST” published in Advanced Medical Sciences: An International Journal (AMS), Vol. 1, No. 1, February 2014.(Co-author).